1.09.2016

nope.

IMG_8290 copy

Over break, after getting all those Christmas cookies and family time in, I finally started focusing on art a bit more. With making art comes discovering new artists, and one of my new favorites is Gemma O'Brien. She's ridiculously cool, from Australia, and you should probably check her out if you want to see some awesome typography.

Anyway, there's a little contest hosted by Volcom and Gemma O'Brien's lettering inspired me to give it a try.


Untitled-1
IMG_8298
Some initial color studies I wasn't loving. 
IMG_8269
IMG_8270

IMG_8272
IMG_8281

I had a lot of fun using gouache to paint these designs. Every time I create something new (especially related to type), I learn more about letters and how they work, which is so exciting and drives me to keep making which leads to learning.

Only about a week and a half until classes start, so I am going to try to squeeze in some screen printing next week.

I have designed a 2016 house calendar and a few new cards I am excited to share with you all! Here's to more work and colors and art and yay.

xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. how are you so talented. it's not fair.
    ugh ♥

    LITERALLY LOVE THIS SO MUCH OMW.

    - abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally cheated and used an alphabet's template from the contest! Haha, but thanks, girl ;)

      Delete

Your comments inspire me.