10.15.2015

Screenprinting adventures.

Hard to believe I've yet to blog about my screen printing adventures until this moment. It's been months since I've been able to ink up my screen and have the satisfying wipe of paint to paper, but art school calls, which sadly means putting aside personal projects for a little while. Thankfully, I am blessed with classes that keep me busy making art, so it's not such a bad exchange (some school work will someday, eventually, hopefully be posted here). 

Still, I learned so much this past summer during the challenging and monumentally satisfying process of teaching myself how to screen print. Gathering supplies was one thing, but creating pieces that I would print copies of was even more challenging. I ended up creating a few art prints, along with a small collection of greeting cards.

In the new next months, my hope is to finally open a shop online for them, and into the even deeper future, I hope to keep printing. There's nothing like creating, if you ask me. 

IMG_5859 copy
IMG_5868 copy IMG_5863 copy IMG_5891 copy IMG_5885 copy IMG_7190

16 comments:

  1. Those cards are beautiful! And that screenpress of yours (is that what it's called?) is totally cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Olivia! And yes, I suppose it could be called a screenpress ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my word, this is gorgeous beyond words. open up your online shop please please please - you're going places, girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks so fascinating! And omg, your prints are so beautiful! I'd love to hear you rant more about art school and anything related to that, because this looks amazing. (I especially love the print that says, "I like your face." So cute!!) I second the motion for an online shop. :)

    love,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbie, your words are like honey, no kidding. I'll try to post about more screen printing techniques or process shots in the future (once school stops stealing my life away). xo.

      Delete
  4. Ahh I'm in love! I fully support the online shop -- I'll buy ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhhh, you've no idea how much that means to me!!

      Delete
  5. This is amazing! So creative, good work. :)

    http://jesandbleu.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister (Abbie who commented above) has been raving to me about how gorgeous your screen-printed art is, and I hadn't caught up on blogs yet so I just now saw this and I'm like lsabofeiwuvb AHHHHHHHHHH dude, seriously. SO GORGEOUS. You're such an artist. I have no idea what a screen-printer or screen printing is tbh, so you need to post more about deez things! Haha. That's so exciting that you're going to be opening a shop online, because the greeting cards are like ahhhhhh I want them. So I will be a customer the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Abbie are my home girls ;) Thanks so much!! I really hope to have more updates/progress with the shop and all things screen printed related by the end of the year!

      Delete
    2. AND YOU ARE OUR HOME GIRL. Can't wait to hear more updates-- that is so, so exciting. :D

      Delete
  7. I love love love your Screen-printed birthday card you sent me....Seriously so adorable!
    I am so proud of all your are accomplishing and creating! But then again, I always knew you could :D

    your fairy-godmother loves you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you liked the card, dearest! I loved yours, as well. Miss your sweet face.

      Delete
  8. OMG!Those are so beautiful!!!
    Love, Bea
    www.itsbeatan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.