5.31.2015

some class work.


 photo IMG_5395_zpsfgtllalk.jpg
tape and oil pastels
 photo IMG_4813 copy_zpsg7wooy4u.jpg
india ink
 photo IMG_5406 copy_zpsnxdxbbam.jpg
collage: watercolors, acrylic, magazines, india ink, foil, and cardstock

Here are a few projects from my Design I class this past semester.

It's still a struggle for me to merge classes like this with art I want to produce on my own time, and it's easy for class projects to feel forced and very unlike me.

However, I learned a lot. I enjoyed it quite a bit. And here are a few favorites.

13 comments:

  1. you are very talented! love these
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, so glad to know that I still know you. As I scrolled down my thoughts were this, "Hmm. Wow. Cool. Is this Kim's?" Hey, but you never know until you try. I think it looks good and very intriguing (esp the last 3) love you. the bumble.e

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so crazy how our personalities come across in our work, even when we don't realize it. Thanks for the sweet words, Ellie! :-*

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the second one...tree's (?) ....batik fabric (?) ....just lines and dots, but it comes together so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of the first things I made in that class, haha. It was for a project called "incidental line" which is pretty much what it was. A lot of happy accidents. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow I thought that these art pieces were in a museum! They look amazing. So simple and beautifully composed :)
    Olivia | Her Name Was Celebration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's like the nicest compliment I could receive! Thank you, Olivia!!!

      Delete

Your comments inspire me.