5.19.2015

2 weeks of summer.

 photo IMG_0755_zpsn1wrixwz.jpg
 photo IMG_5136_zpsc1nyddfb.jpg
 photo IMG_5075_zpsxsfsibeb.jpg 

The timeline for posts is about to get wonky because I'm so backed up on old photos, but I wanted to post these fresh ones today. So who cares, only I will be able to tell, right? 

This summer is about to look very different from most others, since school starts again for me in only two weeks. So I'm squeezing in as many photoshoots with plants and personal painting projects as I can before it's back to the grind. Sheesh. I want to take a nap just thinking about school again.

It's rare for me to share school projects on here, but this week I'm planning on photographing a few pieces. On a side note, one of my downfalls this summer has been creating my very own tumblr. I had one before, but never got into it. So I figured, "Since I hated it last time, might as well give it another try, eh?"

Disastrous is what that is. I am already addicted. Ah. 

Also, that polaroid is something I dug up while laughing over old photo albums. It was the good ol' days when I helped my neighbor water her tropical jungle of a patio. Oh, plants. The joys they bring. 

Lastly, here's a quote from one of my favorite books I re-read this summer:

"'It is a pity to gather wood-flowers. They lose half their witchery away from the green and the flicker. The way to enjoy wood-flowers is to track them down to their remote haunts -- and gloat over them -- and then leave them with backward glances, taking with us only the beguiling memory of their grace and fragrance.'" -The Blue Castle

6 comments:

  1. that old pic is wow. can't wait to see more of your art sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, me likey the one with that flower covering your eye (tho I love your eye, it's ubber artsy that way)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, pretty friend! xo

      Delete
  3. Dear Kimberly,

    These photos are gorgeous! And you're right -- I feel the same way about sharing old photos, but really nobody will know. x) They'll all be new and awesome to us. I can't wait to see them. You take brilliant pictures, girl. I also can't wait to see some of your art! I'm sure it's gorgeous. OH MAN TUMBLR. "I had one before, but never got into it." < It seems like a lot of people have had that experience, though. (Me included.) It's like *gets a tumblr* "meh i don't understand this im leaving" *goes back a year later* "THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER WHERE HAS IT BEEN ALL MY LIFE." I am, as you probably guessed, also hopelessly addicted. GAH. So yeah, I'll also be following you over there. (; Two weeks of summer doesn't seem long enough, girl. I hope you have fun and make the most of it!

    love,
    abbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha, I'm glad you understand my bipolar feelings concerning tumblr. Especially since that means I'm not alone. ;) Thank you for the sweet words about my post.

      xo, me

      Delete

Your comments inspire me.