7.14.2013

Snippets from malaysia.

WHAT I WORE:

The humidity in Malaysia has made skirts and shorts a necessity, so this Sunday I broke out the polka dotted skirt along with a few treasures I've found in Malaysia. These new pink sandals have already become some of my favorite shoes. Can I get a "woot, woot!" for affordable sandals, ladies?

 photo Untitled_zps147dc11e.jpg
 photo Untitled2_zpsc903639c.jpg

WHAT I ATE:

Don't even get me started on the food here, but since we are already conveniently on the topic, let me say that it is mouth-wateringly delicious. The amounts of seafood, noodles, and vegetables I have eaten in the past week cannot be normal. Let's just say I am incessantly stuffed with savory foods one simply cannot get enough of! Mm, and having family that knows all of the best local restaurants isn't so bad either.
 
 photo IMG_6408_zps07e36d90.jpg
 photo IMG_6151_zps4b4bf9ba.jpg

WHAT I DID:
 
So many first-time experiences have already taken place, it's hard to believe our trip is no over yet. We drove up to the mountains this past week, and I had my first cable car experience. Let me just say, thank you for air conditioning, cause those guys can get pretty stuffy. The view was impeccable, though, as was the destination. A theme park in the clouds, people! Whoever thought of that is a genius.
 
Although a couple of the rides were out of order, we still got our fill of scream-worthy rides. For example, after our second round of the scary-superman-spin-round-ride Nathan asked me, "Are you fake screaming or is it real?"
 
Um, no, I was not joking; and apparently, listening to a terrified girl screech is sometimes more entertaining than the ride itself.
 
 photo IMG_6330_zpsf39addf3.jpg  photo IMG_6379_zpsd5cc8188.jpg  photo IMG_6376_zps8e095672.jpg  photo IMG_6365_zpsf97b905c.jpg

19 comments:

  1. I LOVE your outfit! And my brother served an lds mission in Malaysia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit - and wow, your hair is so long! Where did you get your skirt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia! The skirt's from forever21, one of my favorite stores!

      Delete
  3. GOSH. looks awesome!

    xo,
    RN

    www.rachelnicoleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look like you've been having fun! wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're cute and this looks fabulous. so glad you're having a great time! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. the jumping photo is darling! you look so happy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE your skirt and shirt! you're adorable. also, malaysia sounds super awesome and fun and yummy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. love, love, love that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures darling. ....totally jealous, but so happy your having a fabulous time over there....!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh boy oh boy oh boy, how exciting. Thanks for taking some time out of your eating and playing to share with us. Great shots as usual!
    P E R F E C T I O N ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  11. pink sandals! woot woot!!

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great travel post!! Looks like an awesome summer trip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What what for super cute, affordable sandals! I love your outfit.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah, your little flats are so cute! i love this little trip post, looks like a wonderful time!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow awesome photos!! Love your outfit, the flats are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. An Edwardian lady in full dress was a wonder to behold, and her preparations for viewing were awesome.silks saree

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute outfit and it looks like you had an amazing time! If you have a moment, I'd love for you to check out this contest where you could win one of my art prints!
    http://youngbirdblog.blogspot.com/2013/10/win-anything-from-my-etsy-shop.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.