5.03.2013

Meet my friend Sarah.

So before I ramble about how things are going in my neck of the woods, you simply must meet Sarah. She's such a talented and kind soul, and I'm so grateful to have her in my life. Not to mention she made the absolutely adorable polka dot dress she's wearing! Oh, fashion majors.
 
 photo IMG_5197copy_zps646b1c75.jpg  photo Untitled-1-6_zps4e8ff852.jpg  photo IMG_5159_zps8ff5fa87.jpg
 
 
I suppose it's time for a recap on this semester since it's (wowzers) almost over. Thankfully, the craziness of the semester is finally settling down into an aftermath of a storm. There are so many things to organize and clean up, but I would much rather leave everything a bit messy for a while and simply drink up the calm of the moment.
 
If you look at the pictures down below, I decided to share a few shots from my photography final. I put more hours into these pictures than I would like to admit, but I believe it was worth it in the end. With the help of some generous friends, some friendly foliage, and a twelve hour work day, I was able to finally accomplish the task.
 
When I think back on this semester, I see so many different things. The first one is learning humility and dependence on Jesus, not myself. Through all the emotions and experiences I've gone through the past few months, the only reason I see myself getting through it with a joyful heart is because the Lord was guiding and teaching me through it all. Also, community. I can't stress this one enough -- but really. The community of the body of Christ is such a beautiful, inspiring, edifying, and comforting thing. The love that friends have poured out here -- all the words of wisdom those around me have constantly challenged and lifted me up with have continually pointed me back to Christ.
 
And I am so, so, so grateful.
 
 
 photo 24_zps7bf789b5.jpg  photo 09_zps7c805e90.jpg

10 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, Kimberly! All of them, and esp those last two. I'm so happy you're back to blogging and that your life is calming down. (Are you back blogging?)

    xo,
    RN

    www.rachelnicoleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. your final project is lovely. wowow, so pretty. the semester just ended for me, and I'm ever so grateful! are you heading back to hawaii for the summer?
    (and ahh yes I realize I'm just agreeing with you, but strong and uplifting christian friends are...essential.)
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow...those last two pictures! So beautiful. And I seriously love that dress - do you have a pattern to share? Pretty please? I've been looking for a dress like that for ages...but they're all several inches too short.

    Good to see you back, Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowzers. love those double exposures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I whole heartedly agree with Community!!! Couldn't live without them now....how did I ever survive in my solitary exsistence before????

    So happy to hear that your finally getting a breather....I hope that Florida is amazing....will you get a chance to see the old alma mater while your there? cant wait for the stories.....

    Loves as always....

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, nice to met you Sarah!!! Hope someday we might actually get to met in person....so glad your having fun with our best friend...ooookk, I guess we'll share her...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful. those doubles. speechless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your last two shots! Super pretty!

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those layered shots so very much!!

    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.