12.26.2012

christmas in hawaii.

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
 
 On a slightly overcast Christmas Eve, we went to the beach. It had been four scandalous months since I had swum in saltwater, and my first plunge in was liberating. Though a little too liberating, I might add, as my contact lenses were caught in the swirl of water - leaving me blind for the remainder of my swim. It brought back fond memories of the countless times this particularly annoying event has happened to me.

Christmas day, we woke up to a warm glow. Opened the windows, pulled aside the curtains. The sun beamed through in bright lines. The next noises were of voices reading gift tags, paper ripping, and muffled sounds of general happinness.  I got things on my wishlist I never even verbalized! How's that for a magical day filled with blessings?

Jesus knows me so well.


18 comments:

  1. Oh boy, better not let Sarah see that movie or she'll be asking to borrow I'm sure.
    Yes, how was that cold wintery weather?
    Murrry Chrisssmasss to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...sounds different from the blizzard we're having here in Canada! :) Merry Christmas, Kimberly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this makes me think of the song "Mele kalikimaka" :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtqN-blbDXY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! from Puerto Rico to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the last photo! merry christmas, this looks like an awful lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've had heavy rain; enough to flood our back garden and bring our drains to a standstill. Suffice to say, I'm envious of your sunny Christmas!
    Also -- nice perfume choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh....the beauty and the beast....such a timeless theme/movie....

    Glad you had such a wonderful christmas! Doesn't being away from them (your family) make it all the more sweeter when your with them again??

    Let me knw when the h.t.w. band will met again.....on pins and needles....

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, i like you and your pictures (just a little too much). and your christmas presents? well basically, they're perfect.

    xxx acacia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures! Hawaii looks sooo beautiful.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. christmases in hawaii are so good. i had some real special ones when i lived there.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures are so so pretty. I can't imagine going swimming on Christmas. On Christmas day here it was freezing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great post :) It's so nice when you get something unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures! It must be great to be home for Christmas! I am jealous of the warm weather you have! The snow is all piled up here! Happy Christmas/New Years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful :) i love your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your writing is so lovely, just like you! And guess what..... I have that exact same sweater <3
    xo m

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.