7.17.2012

Oh, the kindredness of it!

Photobucket
Photobucket
my lovely sister Kalei

Photobucket
Photobucket
me
Photobucket
So Kimberly is off romancing Alaska and, no doubt, having the time of her life, whilst I'm stuck in Hawaii. And although "stuck in Hawaii" doesn't sounds that bad, I assure you she's the lucky one.  She's been texting me jealous-worthy texts, like, "I'm in North Pole now," or, "I fed reindeer by hand,"

When Kimberly asked me to post, she said, "Since you know me in real life, it would be interesting, no?" Little did she know, my evil, scheming mind had grasped onto that idea with both sticky hands. I decided it would be delightful to tell you about how our kindredness began.

When I first met Kimberly, I admit, I did not think much about her. She was a nice, quiet girl, according to my horribly written journal. But I was a hoyden at the time, and as she did not play football, I had no use for her. One evening, though, as we were laying side by side on a hammock I realized she was one of the first people outside of my family I actually could have a conversation with. An actual conversations, with two people conversing! It was strange and lovely.

Then it became impossible for us not to become kindred spirits. I don't quite know the day we discovered our kindredness, it's one of those things that feels like it's been forever as soon as it happens. Kimberly thinks it's when we started emailing each other, but I cast that idea away. How unromantic is that?

And we've had many adventures together, because kindred spirits ought to have adventures together. Like the time we were hiking with our group of friends; we were looking for our brothers who had wandered ahead, when Kimberly saw these shirtless guys down the hill from us. Somehow she got into her head to wave and shout at them, before identifying them. I was like, "I don't think those are our brothers, Kim," Before we collapsed into the hill, laughing our heads off because those people must've thought we were crazy. And now I'll never let her live it down that she's waved desperately at shirtless guys before. And yes, I had to tell an embarrassing story. Sorry, Kimberly, dear. ;)

But I must conclude with this thought, kindredness is rare (unlike Anne Shirley thinks), so when you find a kindred spirit, grasp onto it with both hands. There's no telling what adventures will befall you when you have lovely friends beside you.

Photobucket

Thanks ever so to Kimberly who let me post. My blog is My Blue Castle

20 comments:

  1. These are such awesome and calming pictures!

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pictures are all so lovely and your style of writing is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw how sweet. i would just love to have a good, real friend like this :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You guys are my favorite Hawaii bloggers =) This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, what a great story. I love it, very funnny.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sister is absolutely GORGEOUS. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, that picture of you is crazy stunning. AHH! Runs in the family, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your sis are absolutely gorgeous. I love this story + it's so great that Kimberly has people she knows in real life guestposting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. To funny! where did you take the pic's, is it a new found beach??? :) Do tell!
    Hilarious story and reminder of that day...boy it seems like ages ago.
    Now you also have me thinking...when DID you 2 stars collide? Well whenever it t'was, it was a magnificent firework show that will not end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...i had almost forgotten that story...hehe....beautiful post....i adore the pictures..ya'll have this wonderful ability to take this carefree pictures with such beauty......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome pictures, love the post! That embarrassing story was hilarious.

    Rachel Keeth // Lavender & Honey

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is perfect. I love hearing from friends who know bloggers in person--it just lends a whole different eye to what's inside their lives. these photos are lovely as well. aaaannd basically kindred spirits are the best thing in the whole wide world, forever and ever, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Feeding reindeer in Alaska? That sounds like so much fun! Though living in Hawaii sounds really cool too! Anyways, cute story about Kimberly and the two unidentified shirtless guys. And lovely photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blog and i LOVE the photos. What a beautiful place!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot go on to explain how all of this is so beautiful: your photos, your words, your emotion.

    also, you and your family are amazingly beautiful.

    xx off to look at your blog!

    -Acacia

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have actually always looked for kindred spirits since I first read Anne of Green Gables. You two sound like real bosom buddies, soul friends. The best thing about that kind of friendship is that it grows with you and doesn't dissipate with changes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We only come upon a few kindred spirits in our lives, and every time we find one, we must hold on tight to them. I'm glad you've found one.

    I love the pictures, they're so gentle and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the scenery! Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.