5.02.2012

May started with a crack.


This is how I feel right now. Lying down, almost in a state of prayer. Let's just say my May started off with a crack. It's not so bad considering on April 30th, I felt like curling into a ball in a corner and screaming. That's what happens when a person cracks their laptop screen. Now I'm at the stage where I just can finally look at myself in the mirror without cringing, so it's getting better.

To soothe my wounded heart, I've been turning to pinterest a lot lately, so I thought I'd share some of my favorite pins as of late. Isn't pinterest such a glorious place? My design board is sort of my favorite right now. Graphic design is amazing, people, and I'm looking forward to studying it at college. That's right college is finally sinking in over here. Today I started the process of registering for classes. Getting advised, calculating credits, searching for a roommate -- it's all crazy.

They have this neat set-up on facebook where I can chat with other people staying in the same hall as me and select my own roommate, so I'm hunting down a Christian girl. I know the Lord has a plan in all this insanity, and it's going to work out.

It's going to work out and May's going to get better with time and I'm going to do better in school these last few weeks and I'm going to start waking up early and eat less sugar and take more pictures and be more motivated.

All I can say is, after breaking my laptop screen, it's got to be "all up from here."

15 comments:

  1. I feel your pain :p My laptop broke a week or so ago. It was really small and old, and I just used it for typing. But still, I'm missing it pretty badly right now :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that happened! I hope it gets fixed soon! And I'm in the same predicament as you, if you can call it that. I'm going to college next year and I don't have a roommate but I want to room with a lovely Christian girl. Ahhh. So hard!!! Praying it works out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it too much like I did. ;) God has a plan and it's AMAZING.

      Delete
  3. yikes. that sucks. i'm sorry. computer problems are no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your college plans sound so exciting! As much as I'm trying to to live in the right now, I'm still excited about college! :)
    hope you get your laptop fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started following your blog and I love it :) I am very sorry to hear about your laptop though :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww Kim, just keep pushing through. This too shall pass! Take some time for yourself and just relax (do your nails or bake some cupcakes) that always cheers me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh you poor dear! i'm so sorry. so hope things get better and you get a new laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww! Life can be so overwhelming...but don't worry, God's got this. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm so sorry about your laptop! I hope it gets fixed really soon! I remember when one of my friends spilled milk "all" over her laptop. It's not fun.

    Your college plans sound exciting!

    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. i hope everything works out for you to get a good roommate. and yes, God has a plan for every part of our life and He's got it all planned out for you, dear. (:
    have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, that lace top is amazing. I want to make one. And I love that room covered in art... beautiful!

    Life is rough but just know that you're not alone. We're all going through crap, too. And we'll get through it! :) Good luck finding a roomie, I'm sure it will all go well.

    Following you on Pinterest and GFC now, you have such a cute blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post,
    I am praying for you
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this: "It's all gotta be up from here." So motivating.
    I'm registering for classes soon too - I am oh so excited for college. Such a new time in my life, but right now I'm in the rut of old, finishing up school, panicking.... Not cool. But thanks for reminding me it gets better. :)

    xx,
    Liz B

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.