5.15.2012

Beaded, braided, bracelet.

inspired by: henry happened
Photobucket

This is coming from the girl who had four wisdom teeth removed last Friday. After a weekend of grogginess and complete unproductivity, I thought it would be the proper time to do a fun craft tutorial.

You'll need:
+Silk thread
+Beads
+Clasp (optional)
+Chain (optional)

Photobucket

First, cut three pieces of chord at about nine inches long. Tie a knot at one end and begin braiding for and inch or two (or you can begin threading beads on immediately). Now, it can be tricky to string the beads onto the chord if the holes aren't large, so make sure your chord and beads and compatible.  Simply continue braiding the chord as you add beads.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

To finish, I tied knots at the end and tied the chain and clasp in; or you can continue braiding and simply tie the bracelet onto your wrist, like a friendship bracelet -- you can even make a loop on one end and tie a button onto the other. Anything goes!

Do what's easiest and have fun!

Photobucket

P.S. Keep and eye out for the fun giveaway I'll be announcing this Friday!

27 comments:

  1. That's just lovely. And I love how simple it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable. I will have to make some. ;)

    Rachel Nicole @ http://rachyracheshobbycorner.blogspot.com/

    ps- looking forward to the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be fun to do on a rainy day, and it's so simple! Who knew

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so so cute! thanks for the tutorial...i'll defiantly be trying this sometime soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OO...I am so doing this! Thank you for giving my my afternoon craft!

    xoxo
    -Jemima

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to be pinning this! (http://pinterest.com/pin/127578601914430351/)

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really cute! Gah...I want one of those now. ;) Guess I should go make one...after I finish math.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL!! I will HAVE to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh! I'll have to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow- I LOVE this. so cute and simple. Perfect for summer. Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. super cute! i will definitely have to make myself one soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love this! So cute and simple!
    Hope your mouth is feeling better! Wisdom teeth are THE worst :(

    love,
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahh, hope you feel better! I have to get my wisdom teeth out soon... :P
    this is such a great idea! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's adorable! you're so talented...you make me want to be more crafty and creative. :p

    ReplyDelete
  15. This nice, I think I have to try it out one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH my goodness! This is so dang cute and easy! I'm going to have to try this, seriously. I love the bracelet :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it. So cute and clever! :)

    hugs,
    ~bree

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's adorable! And it looks pretty simple....*going to have to go and make that right away*

    Great tutorial!

    Lizzy
    www.lizziebutterfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE love love this! It's simple and cute and I'm pretty sure I can make it! hooray!:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful. I love it. Thanks for the great tutorial. I've been wanting to start making bracelets and you have motivated me to give it a try!
    :)Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is SO cute! I love DIY's!:)
    You are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute! I've linked your idea in my blog: http://mischmaschquatsch.blogspot.de/2012/07/webfunde-2-schmuck-anleitungen.html

    I'm sorry, it is in german.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another good thing in buying and wearing trendy beaded jewelry is you do not want to spend thousands of greenbacks to have people who will appreciate your look and your image. Fashionable beaded jewelry like necklaces, earrings and bracelets are available in wide variety of styles and designs. You'll only spend one or two dollars to few hundred bucks depending on the kind of materials you select for your jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, amazing blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?

    you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your web
    site is fantastic, let alone the content!

    Also visit my homepage: Formula T10 and muscle rev extreme

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.