4.20.2012

Look at how we've grown.

It's been ages since I saw this DIY project online, and after months of thinking about it, I've finally done it. Amongst the messy piles of books, half-done jewelry projects, scraps of paper, and constantly tumbling objects -- this wall art was born. It actually turned out much better then I had anticipated; as lame as this may sound, I am smitten by clothes pins. They're just the dandiest things, and because they're made of wood, they are even more charming.

Photobucket
Photobucket

(shamefully messy bedroom. no, you don't want to know).

Photobucket
Photobucket
inspired by hannah
Now, I hate to sound sentimental, but when browsing for pictures, I literally got choked up while turning through old baby books and photo albums. I finally wrote the poem that had been stirring in my heart the past few days. Hope you guys like it.

Look at how we’ve grown.
I guess I should have known.
This moment isn’t forever-home.
How the time has flown.
When the baby pictures are shown –
Memories set in stone –
Faded pictures, grainy tones –
Look at how we’ve grown.

Look at how we’ve grown,
Unharmed, no broken bones.
Childhood was our safe zone;
Adulthood’s calling with a low groan,
No more orange safety cones.
New seeds must be sown.
Goodness, look at how we’ve grown.

-Kimberly Hanson

24 comments:

  1. beautiful. i love love love it :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this diy on pinterest and plan on doing it :)
    LOVE the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! I know how it is, my bedroom is messy with all of my art projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely! I may have to do this in my room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I've definitely admired this on Pinterest before. Might have to try it =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific poem, that poem literally made my day! I love your blog and all that it holds!

    Love, Jemima

    littledovehappyflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this was beautiful. that poem made me tear up! your photos are stunning too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olivia! You're the best. :)

      Delete
  8. love it. i did it with just one row and mini clothes pins, but now i definitely want to add more. looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, I love the poem, lady! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, Just reading this post got me teary-eyed. :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's so sweet. Glad you like it!

      Delete
  11. gosh, I missed the part "I finally wrote the poem..." as I was eager to read the poem. The ~Kimberly Hanson at the bottom struck me as odd as you never sign your posts. That's when I went back and actually read the last sentence. I was looking for the author not realizing that it was YOU!!!!
    I dearly love poems and this one was fantastic, howbeit terribly sad as we can never go back to childhood. *Sniff Sniff*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much, Ellie! Glad you liked the poem; and I know, it's so sad how fast those kiddy days pass by...

      Delete
  12. PS.....love the pictures especially of your ma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, how precious! I nearly cried reading your poem. <3

    hugs,
    ~Bree

    ReplyDelete
  14. darling, your pictures and poem are beautiful. I love my pictures strung on my wall as well <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. i made a similar kind of thing except mine has random picture's and quotes. (got it from Lily over at Snatched by the Wind:)) love yours. and the poem, oh it's sadly true.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, precious photos and an amazing poem!
    well done, kimberley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I teared up too, Kimberly. memories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, don't get all soppy on me! Haha. Love you, bro.

      Delete
  18. This made me unsure of whether I should be smiling or weeping. I may have done both. Memories are so bittersweet!
    Also, I tagged you on my blog today. You should come join the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely poem!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, glad I found yours :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.