4.29.2012

The sky broke like an egg.

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Don't forget these walks, Kimberly. The ones you take nearly every evening after dinner -- after the last dishes are being rinsed and the stray crumbs are brushed off the counter. When the thin and worn slippers are slid on and the creaky front door swings open and closes with a bang. As the brisk or humid air hits your cheeks, and you loiter around the yard, waiting for Michael to come down the stairs and pull out one of his ear buds to hear you talk as you stroll down the sidewalk.

The way you form a line as you pass someone, and the way you usually only say "Hello" to the ones that say "Hi" first. The way your left slipper gives your foot a callous, but you've gotten used to it after these past few months. Remember how everything seems less hopeless outdoors, with the crisp air, the strong wind, and the way you skip on occasion just because you can. The same trees you pass, tall, staunch, and dark against the bright sky; the same green golf course, set ablaze by fiery sunlight.

Don't forget that you're living in paradise, and that your days are numbered.

20 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Kimberly. And yes, you are very blessed - that sounds so peaceful. <3

    {{hugs}]
    ~bree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. Thank you, kimberly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this was amazing. your writing is so soothing♥

    xo,
    Jessica @ Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THESE PICTURES! <3
    Evening walks are so peacful and lovely.
    Great post, Kimberly!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. my goodness, kimberly.

    i'm a little speechless. your writing is so authentic, raw and poignant. i could hear the creaking, sense the door shudder behind you, feel the air, taste the humidity... everything was so *real*!

    just wow.

    xx/acacia

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait to walk you and lil' bro

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so beautiful. oh my goodness. so lovely.
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so wonderful, Kimberly! I love the light in these pictures.
    Just so good. So good.
    xol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way of interpreting your impressions....

    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not only are those pictures stunning but also your words are so wonderful and inspiring! Thank you for this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too pretty. Its so soothing even though I'm not there with you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. i may have forgot to mention how in love i am with your photography. keep at it, girl. it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. me likes this post, especially the part that Michael pulls out an ear bud to listen to you. Lovely, lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your photography! And that sunset is beyond words gorgeous!!!
    Just found your blog and I already love it!

    Lizzy
    www.lizziebutterfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was breathtaking. Everything from the photos to the words. And I love to know that I'm not the only person who feels that way about a walk outside: like the world is a far more hopeful, bright, reasonable place to live in after all. Although it's good to be reminded that our days our numbered. I know Christ is working in my life constantly trying to remind me that I'm neither invincible, nor immortal!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this post. You have such a beautiful way of putting thoughts like this into words.
    Even little things; that's the best part. Because the right words can make them sound so rich.... I love it.
    And the pictures are amazing, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, by the way, this is amazing... And I know how annoying it is to get a comment a couple posts later, but I couldn't resist.
    Your first picture is... gulp! What the heck?! How did you? Why are you... so, so amazing? Why! And that quote makes me feeling like screaming. It's so beautiful.

    So, anyways, did I ever tell you you're too talented for me. I must stand back from you brilliance.
    And we shall remember these moments... the little ones.
    Love,
    Becks

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.