4.08.2012

Easter colors.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

My pants were yellow and my beads were blue. The colors seemed to feel like Easter. Bright, happy, and celebratory. I've been having a wonderful time making jewelry over the weekend, and I finally found a black and white striped shirt! I want to wear it constantly now.

Oh yeah, and before I forget, it's Easter today! Our family never really did the Easter-egg-decorating and candy-eating thing. I can only recall one or two Easter egg hunts we did when we were little; my mom hid the colorful plastic eggs throughout the house and my brothers and I darted around and searched in cupboards and under the bed. Mom knew the allotted amount of eggs, and when one of us began to find too many, we were ordered to stop and allow the others to continue until they found the rest. It would eventually end in mom giving enormous hints about where the last one or two eggs were and we'd all end up happy with a few pieces of candy, change, and stickers afterwards. Then there was the scary Easter bunny; yes, my brothers and I were terrified of that huge, furry thing whenever we came across it. I remember taking a picture with the Easter bunny one year, but my brothers were too scared to join. I can't help but want to laugh whenever I see the old polaroid of it.

I'm glad that now, Easter is not really any of those things to me (though I don't mind the candy a bit; heck, I'll take a chocolate bunny any day). The best part of Easter is no longer the sugar, though. Today at church, I was reminded about the significance of the sun rising everyday; it's such a wonderful reminder to look up at the sky each day and remind oneself that Jesus Christ died for our sins, and then He rose after three days. He conquered death for us. That's something I want to remember everyday.

17 comments:

  1. Kimberly, you make me want to be crafty. ;) hehe, so I loved this. your old Easter stories, and what Easter is to you now--you're right, something to remember every day. I'd hop over and snack on that chocolate bunny with you any day too, k? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love those bracelets! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those bracelets! They're so simple, yet cute♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully put! And I love your outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the colors are amazing!
    the blue and the yellow together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifully worded :) ps - i love the white/gold necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a wonderful Easter! I'm so thankful for Christ's death and resurrection - what an awesome, loving God we serve!

    Cute outfit, especially the striped shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. le sigh....love those colors so much! Where do you get the long curving tube bead to make those first two bracelets? I haven't been able to find any.
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that necklace!
    So true - although candy is awesome (chocolate is my favorite) Jesus' resurrection is so much more important. :)

    hugs,
    ~bree

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colors! That blue is like my favorite color ever! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the jewelry you made! Is it possible to get a tutorial on how you did it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like it! I'm afraid that since I sell my jewelry and put a lot of time and thought into my pieces, I don't like to do tutorials on how I make it. Thank you for understanding!

      Delete
  12. So true! And those bracelets are gorgeous, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That shirt is really cute! I was admiring it when you came last night....might I ask where you got such a supurbe wardrobe addition???

    Yes, Easter is the best time of the year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I am completely in love with stripes at the moment. I found the shirt at Ross, your favorite store, right? ;)

      Delete
    2. Right....I was so inspired by this post that I bought a striped shirt at the thrift store today...it's beige and green stripes...I'll have to wear it one of these days for your comment and approval...:) I just adore your "fashion-y" posts.....so inspiring!!!

      Delete

Your comments inspire me.