3.14.2012

Hand-stamped bag.

Photobucket

There's something about hand-stamped and screen printing that's been catching my fancy lately; and when that happens, I know I have to give it a spin. So the other day I brought out the acrylic paint, foam stamp, fabric, and mustered up some creative thinking. Of course, I was totally and undeniably inspired by the amazing tutorial over at A Beautiful Mess.  However, instead of a dress, I choose to decorate a tote bag in-the-making. It's been in that sad transition-making stage for quite a while, so it's a good thing I finally finished it up.

Here's what I did.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Leave it to me to forget that if I stamped all the cats the same direction, on one of side the bag they'd be upside down. Well, there you have it, two totally different bags. Alright, I at least realized it half-way through, but at that point, there was no turning back. So on one side, it's a cat bag! On the other...it's sort of looks like a space ship! It's called art, people. And, at least you get to learn from my mistakes.

I had tons of fun making it, though; and I do believe I'll be trying it again soon. How about you?

15 comments:

  1. space ship bag! hahaha i literally just finished watching the original star wars movies... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. one word: hipster.
    another one word: beastly.
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this looks like a good project. I'll have to keep it in mind. Heehee, I probably wouldn't have thought of that either. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's really funny. i actually did think they were spaceships.
    i love this bag so much. your blog is so inspiring, i simply must go find a canvas bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, thats so cute! And I think the upside down cats/space ship things look totally cute. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! The spaceship bag also kind of looks like a darth vader bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Cute....Super Easy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a little error on your part, but i think that it makes the bag more interesting that way. simple and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is adorable!!! love this idea... Happy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! I love your attitude.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.