2.06.2012

You need a pinwheel

Photobucket

Seriously, you need a pinwheel right now. They are amazing. I have discovered if you add a pinwheel to anything, it suddenly becomes epically awesome. Have a piece of paper? Put a pinwheel on it! Have an ugly, plain wall? Put a pinwheel on it! Have an orange smoothie? Alright...maybe it doesn't work all the time, but you get my point!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I decided to now put pinwheels on gift boxes, cards, and even some plain kraft paper to make super-cute stationary! Kraft paper is one of my new secret loves. My mom handed me a roll of it (more like the end of a wrapping paper roll, but hey, it works) during my pinwheel photoshoot, and I immediately found a use for it. This may be a weird, pack-rat kind of habit, but I can't throw nice paper away. I've even been known to keep the paper used to wrap around a bouquet of flowers. Ehem, yeah, I am weird.

So at this point, I am guessing you are dying to make your very own pinwheel to decorate, well, everything? They are very easy to make. All you need is a square-shaped piece of paper, scissors, and glue (I use a glue gun. It's a life-saver.). Cut from the corners to the center about 3/4 of the way. Then fold in every other corner and glue accordingly. I use a button to conceal the center (yay for buttons!), and there you have it.

Photobucket

If you haven't fallen in love with pinwheels by now, I don't know if we can be friends anymore.

Just kidding! I still love you.

xoxo.

22 comments:

  1. you know what? i do need a pinwheel! thank you for exposing me to this revelation :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I am going right now to make some pinwheels. I wonder how they would look on Valentine cards...

    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting this DIY! I have been wanting to make one of these for ages. Glad to see I'm not the only one with a pinwheel fascination. :)

    ~Bree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! What a fantastic idea! Yes, do in fact need a pinwheel! Hmm.... watch out bedroom walls!

    Johanna
    kidsonthefarm.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. Confession time - I now love pinwheels. These are adorable! I'm totally making these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great blog! I'm a new follower of your blog now :)

    sam*

    ReplyDelete
  7. incredible - just what i wanted to hear. these look so fun. i'll haveee to try them soon!

    xoxo a c a c i a
    p-o-n-d-e-r-i-n-g.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely!!! I simply cannot wait to make some of these for Valentine's day. ;)

    xoxo,
    Grace
    come stop for tea @
    gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahh....maybe that's what I'll do this afternoon with my brothers....I love your no nonsense way of talking in this post! It made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are adorable...I am in love. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! Awesome! I am so doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the button idea! My eight-year-old cousin taught me how to make a pinwheel with a pushpin and a pencil for the center, so I'll have to show her this new trick :) lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are ridiculously cute! i may have to make one.(:

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're so cute, Kimberly. And so are your pinwheels. I love these!

    xo.

    p.s. don't worry, when I was younger, I kept the wrappings from around flower bouquets, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the most amazing thing I've seen all day! I can't wait to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent tutorial! You've convinced me just how important pinwheels are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so cute!! I'll have to try making them sometime. :) Though, I'm sure mine won't come out nearly as crisp. I'm not very artsy. :p

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are SO right. I also need a few pinwheels in my life and I've got a gorgeous pad of square double sided papers that are just screaming 'pinwheels' - thank you.
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for this! shared this at my FB site and credited you thanks thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.