2.03.2012

Time to island-trot

Photobucket

You want hear to about the something that just smacked me up-side the face for the shuh-zillionth time? Mkay, well, I was browsing pinterest (because I have a pile of homework nearby and I decided to be productive) when I suddenly realized I don't have nearly enough pictures of Hawaii. I mean seriously, since Perry came into my life, we just haven't gone roaming enough around this rock.

I always read and hear about people dreaming of coming to Hawaii; I mean, I've seen it a million times on Wheel of Fortune. Pat Sajack draws out the anticipation as the person squeals after solving the puzzle, "Strolling Down a Sandy Shore" with three exclamation points at the end of it. He smiles, strolls over to the wonder-struck person, looks at the camera and says, "How'd you like to go to Hawaii?" and the person bursts into ear-cringing ecstasy.

Then cue our whole family saying simultaneously, "We live here." without too much enthusiasm.

So I decided to make a pact with Perry. We are going to roam, wader, trek, journey, and island-trot this little rock soon. Any specific places you'd like to see? I believe it's time to make a list.

P.S. yes, the very sad collage above are some of the only pictures at the beach I could dig up at the moment. i feel like crying.

14 comments:

  1. absolutely lovely! I would love to visit you sometime, Kimberly! ;)

    blessings,
    Grace
    come stop for tea @ gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower...love your work, Kimberly! :)

    You live in such a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to see Kilauea again. I was there when there was a big eruption in the side of one of the craters and it was spewing smoke. We stayed and watched it while the sun set. Absolutely magical.

    Oh dear, now you have me going back through our whole trip!

    xoxo,
    --Abi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos make you cry? Geez girl, I want to be there. That top-right photo? Gorgeous! That's the kind of thing you'd see as a calendar photo. I love it. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the most amazing beach EVER! I absolutely love clear, turquoise water -- reminds me of the Carribean.
    ~Lia
    www.discovercaptivating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU ARE SO LUCKY!! I wish I could live in Hawaii... :P ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! The beach is so gorgeous there! You are so lucky!
    God bless,
    India Grace
    www.heaveninmyheart96.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are extremely and positively in all ways so lucky to live in hawaii! i can't wait to see some photos...

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty please can I come visit you? Seriously girl, this dreary New England weather is totally making me wish I lived in Hawaii. I'm so jealous.
    xoxo.
    simi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love the collage! the top right photo is making me swoon. can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos. Hawaii is definitely one my must see list, you lucky gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are so beautiful! Looks like you're having a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! You live in Hawaii!? I lived in Hawaii for 18 months...military style. And I miss it. It is really funny though. The "we live here" feeling just doesn't come when you're actually THERE -- only after we've gone do I really really want to go back to that beautiful island.

    Which island do you live on? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh could you please, I'm in love with the sunsets alit if ppl call "upside-down sunsets". They're the most bee-u-tee-ful sunsets I've ever seen...in a picture :sigh: I'll be there one day in the near future (hopefully) so I can finally see w/my own eyes. For now though, the photos are perfection at its finest!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.