2.17.2012

The new nerdy look

Photobucket
planned photo.
Photobucket
epic fail photo.
Photobucket
normal photo because sometimes I like to look normal.
Photobucket
sweater: macy's // camisole: wal-mart // jeans: hurley // shoes: minnetonka moccasins
Photobucket

Enter new nerdy look! After years of wearing contacts, I have finally made the switch to wearing glasses full-time. I'll admit, at first I was a bit nervous about it all; the past few years, I used to be extremely self-conscious about wearing glasses. They just didn't look right one me, and I soon succumbed by switching to contacts.

However, I am happy to say that after four years, I have finally accepted glasses. I have decided they don't look half as bad as I once thought they did. I'm getting over this self-conscious thing. It's just plain silly, that's what. And defying this fear is really quite freeing; I can already see the word for 2012 coming to pass. Growth. Time to start this growing process.

"Come here, Mr. Fear-of-Wearing-Glasses. I smash you."

Moving on.

A shout out to my dear mama for taking most of the above pictures for me. Sweaters are sort of a new addiction -- and so are moccasins. Seriously, I am wearing those things everywhere. The first time I put them on, I yelled out, "They're just so fuzzzzy!" in front of a the whole shoe section in Macy's. It was rather embarrassing. Thinking back, I ought to have said fluffffffy -- then it would have been an epic Despicable Me moment.

Anyhoo, hope you all have a lovely Friday! I need to go make a potato salad. Just thought you should know.

25 comments:

  1. i think you look adorable, that's what :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your new glasses. And sweaters ARE amazing. :)

    xoxo,
    --Abi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're beautiful little sis. "Just thought you should know."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glasses! And very cute outfit. The sweater + moccasins compliment each other very nicely.

    Oh - and you have such a pretty smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! Your glasses are so cute and so is your outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really know where to start, so I'll just say...this made me smile!! I love how the glasses + sweater + mocs make this super-cute-nerdy-hipster look. and I love your funny writing.
    xoxo//simi

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so cute! Reminds me of this online "show" called "the Girls with Glasses". They're awesome. They do crafts and share fashion tips. You should check them out. They have so many different styles of glasses, it's amazing. :)

    http://thegirlswithglassesshow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. so funny, you sound like Mike in the "Come here Mr. Fear...I smash you" line. I'm in love with the new lens of yours. Every picture is fuzzed just enough in the background. 50mm right? To bad my camera doesn't have a lens attachment, cuz I would buy one and use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, yeah, most of my humor now-a-days is greatly influenced by that guy. And yes, 50mm lenses are pretty awesome. I'm not sure if you can do this on your camera, but turning down your aperture to something like 2.5 can also help reduce the depth of field for that blurred-background look.

      Delete
  9. I love the new nerdy look! You're adorable. :) Aren't moccasins just wonderful?
    ps- have fun making the potato salad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm pretty sure your the cutest nerd I've ever seen!=)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are so adorable! I really like the "epic fail" picture, and your new blogger profile photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sweater is SO cute. As are the glasses. My nerd look fails, but yours is beast (meaning - you're adorable).

    ReplyDelete
  13. hehehe the second picture made me laugh. i love it!

    simple look but so comfortable!

    http://www.hannahgram.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE them!! Super super cute!!

    ~sillajophotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your glasses, it amazes me how wearing glasses can completely change someones looks! btw i love your "nerdy" look, your shoes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you look so adorable with glasses on!! =D I think that glasses really do look good on you. It's good that you've gotten over the fear of wearing glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  17. it looks so waaarrmmm there!! ah, jealousy.
    in other news, I love your glasses. I'm nearsighted, so I have to wear glasses when I drive/watch movies if I want to see anything at all. it can be a pain, but on the other hand I'm so grateful to have them. you look absolutely adorable in yours. (: and I love your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thats really sweet. Love this quircky shots and comfy photos. Glasses are really great.

    buy star wars account

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look so cute with glasses!


    tianaloveshorses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. i just came across your blog and i must say i find it very inspiring!
    you are so lovely and i like your new glasses!
    greetings from New York!
    xx.

    www.citylaundry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE THEM! I think people who wear glasses are super cool. I (kind of) look forward to when my eyes go bad so I can get a snazzy pair.

    DON'T be anxious! You look beautiful Kimberly! :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm new to your blog, but I fell in love the instant I saw it. Also, you look adorable in glasses. They look great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.