2.09.2012

golden hour.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

The island-trot this past week consisted of a drive out to eat one evening. It was golden hour, and the sunlight was divine. I took pictures half the twenty-minute drive there, and thus ended up car sick and not-very-hungry when we got to our destination. However, the pictures are worth it. Aren't the pictures always worth it?

I wanted to do a more extensive island-trot, but the Super Bowl sort of smashed that idea like an unsuspecting bug.

Photobucket

This is Perry and I goofing off together. I love you, Perry. Just thought you should know. Lately, I have been trying to research more about DSLR's, manual mode, and all the amazingly-complicated stuff that I seriously need to learn about asap. If you talented photographers wouldn't mind sharing any tutorials or websites that have taught you something neat, I would majorly love to know about it.

It's kind of embarrassing that I don't know about all about those setting's yet, but better late then never, right?

Photobucket

This is the mint chocolate chip ice-cream I found in the freezer last Tuesday. I cannot even tell you how happy I was when I found it in there; in fact, I almost scare myself thinking about it.

Photobucket

Oh, and that laptop I am holding? That's Darcy, Perry's newest best friend. He arrived a few days ago and is my very own. Can you believe it? Of course, Darcy is for college and all that cool stuff which is going to happen in August. Until then, though, he's here to help me, well, not fight over the computer with Michael all the time.

Yay!

18 comments:

  1. I wanna be home and eat mint chocolate chip ice cream! ! !

    Nice pictures sis, love the last one especially

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, you just had to like the ONE picture that Mikey took. Well, I love you anyway. ;)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on having leftover ice cream! Ice cream never lasts long in our house, just ask my dad. Hhmmm, Darcy?!?! That wouldn't be after a fellow I know in a Jane book would it? Hope that no more bug smashing events break you from the island-trot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the golden hour pictures are so so gorgeous! I love the second one. and mint chocolate chip is my favorite :)
    for tutorials on manual mode, I'd recommend Click It Up a Notch. You can click a link on the sidebar to read all the posts in that category. hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the link! It's really helping. :)

      Delete
  4. yay darcy! i love darcy so much ;);) the golden hour is my favorite. and the ice cream makes me drool. great post :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you Darcy....(your owner is one lucky girl! I mean....gheezzzzz!)....
    as for best photography website...dphotographer.co.uk....absolutly wonderful website, tutorials, and the coolest??? they do daily, weekly, monthly photo contests with the bestest of prizes! (try a complete Cannon camera kit....ahhh!!!)

    btw...love the first photo!!! absolutly, positively geourgous......blue, orange, white...beautiful.....(any interest in a cowgirl photo shoot tomorrow???)

    loves....hugs......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that website sounds really neat! I'll be dropping by soon. And the photoshoot was so fun! Can't wait to go through my pictures and edit them. :)

      Delete
  6. these are all beautiful pictures!
    that ice cream looks good.(;
    congrats on getting mr. darcy!(:

    -Oriana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there Darcy! ;)
    Congrats, Kim! He looks awesome. Lovely pictures, too (as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures Kimberly! I love Darcy, he's beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so cute. And yes, the pictures are always worth it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that mint chocolate looks divine! Gorgeous pictures, that golden hour is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this! :) you're a great photographer too btw :D and i've been wanting a laptop for a while now...where did Darcy come from? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sydney! Darcy is a hp and we bought him online, actually, from costco (they have pretty awesome deals!). I definitely recommend hp. Darcy's been wonderful so far. :)

      Delete
  12. Oooh, this is simply breath-taking! Your pictures make me swoon. ;) I simply love the golden hour shot as well as the refreshing ice cream photograph. What photo processor do you use?

    xoxo,
    Grace
    tending her garden @ Grace's Garden Walk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Grace! That really means a lot to me.
      All of my photos are edited with the very basic photo editing program Windows 7 comes with. So I usually just try to take the picture the way I want it to look so that too much editing doesn't need to be done. ;)

      Delete
  13. that second picture is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.