2.27.2012

Forgive me?

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

It happened a few days ago, when I heard a low voice resonate the words, "How many times have you asked someone for forgiveness this week?" I thought about it. It only took half a second to realize that my answer was, "Not once."

The reason wasn't because I hadn't been in the wrong any times that week, but because I simply never took the initiative to apologize when the opportunity arose. I speak harsh words daily, am usually not in the best mood, and make mistakes continually; so why don't I apologize?

Oh, you know -- usually time lessens the heat, emotions numb, and situations are forgotten. Still, I find that in every instance, there is usually a small window of time when I realize I ought to apologize. Now, it may be a very small window; but it's still there, if only for a moment. Honestly, I sometimes make the wrong choice, procrastinate, and then forget.

I realized I need to humble myself more and just say, "I'm sorry. Forgive me?" a few more times each week or day or hour...

I hear it gets easier with practice.

Luke 6:37 "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

9 comments:

  1. hmm. this really made me think. great post. :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, amen! Great post, Kimberly! There are way too many times that I don't ask for forgiveness from someone- even if it's a tiny thing. Asking all the time will brand into us a nature of humility.

    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. this was really nice. :) i missed church yesterday so this post gave me my weekly thinking topic... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, I thought you were apologizing for the covert photos. So much candid photography, I better watch out when I get home.

    with our speech, we can heal or harm. your post reminded me to be intentional with what i say, not lukewarm. I just hope I'll be intentionally performing the former.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so true. I love it. I really need to start doing it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your kind words on my blog K. I loved reading your thoughts on forgiveness...thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very true Kimberly. Thank you for reminding us all of this very important phrase that needs to be said daily. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too, find these words so hard to say. I'm sure my siblings can attest. Oh yes, we are not mad at each other any more, yet I forget those words so easily. Rather, I would rather ignore them then speak.

    So, thank you, dear. You are a trend setter. ;)
    Love,
    Becks
    P.S. Hey, it was awesome seeing you. I hope you didn't get lost on the way home. We definitely need to do another soon. ;)
    Next weekend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never in a million years did I think I would be called a "trend setter." I think you just re-defined me. Haha. And yes, we all need to apologize more often. So I'm sorry, okay? Okay.

      It was wonderful seeing you, too!! And no, I didn't get lost on the way home, though I DID almost hit this...just kidding! Are you serious about next weekend? Because I now am.

      Love,
      Me

      Delete

Your comments inspire me.