2.24.2012

Awkward and Awesome

Photobucket Photobucket Awkward:

-During art class this week, there was a particularly mischievous 6 year old who I kept needing to reprimand. I must have said his name Kaiyo about a dozen times only to find out when I asked him how to spell it that it was K-y-l-e. Opps. And now I believe there's a child across the room who needs my assistance!
-Eating a blueberry scone and then spicy lemongrass-flavored noodles for lunch all at once. Surprisingly, I didn't have tummy problems later. This is my life.
-Playing with clay, washing my hands, and then smelling my hands and thinking, "this does not smell like clay or soap...!"
-Continually to sniffing my hands to remind myself how weird they smell.
-All the times this week I pretended staring at my phone when waiting to be picked up. Honestly, I had no idea which buttons I was even clicking. I just don't like making eye contact sometimes, people, okay?


Awesome:

-Getting the long-awaited acceptance letter from NMSU yesterday. I just may be studying journalism there this fall! And I am beyond excited. I'm nervous, struck, and floating.
-Meeting the most adorable, innocent six year old girl ever. Her voice, that toothless smile, and those eyes.
-Eating fresh blueberries constantly.
-Wearing my new glasses out everywhere. I don't know if I'll ever go back to contacts
-My alarm clock suddenly stopped working, so I finally have a viable excuse for not waking up as early as I ought. Not that I want to sleep in late or anything, it's just that under the circumstances, I have no options.

My first time doing an awkward and awesome post. More will probably come in the future, when I actually document all the embarrassingly awkward things that happen to me in daily life. This should be fun!

Oh, and thank you, thank you for all of the amazing comments you all left on my last post. I read every single one and loved your feedback.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on your acceptance letter!!!
    and LOL at the hand sniffing... I have been there too hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. the one about the clay. oh. my. goshbubbles. that's almost worse than chocolate pie! great post, too funny! :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the acceptance letter! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congratulations! That must feel amazing! =) These posts are so fun! You should def do more. =)
    I hate how my hands feel after using clay and washing them. The 'clay feel' doesn't go away... UGH! SO annoying. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretending to stare at my phone when waiting to be picked up? story. of. my. life. this is why i need a car :)
    congrats on the college acceptance! i'm just starting to think about the application process and I am totally jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaiyo / kyle. So funny.
    College. Exciting!!
    The yummy food you've been eating. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im a new follower and I just wanted to say hello! I love your blog so much, it's beautiful. And Hawaii has a special place in my heart since my parents met, married, and lived there for a long time. It seems like a lovely place!! :-)
    XO,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh gosh, i just adore awkward and awesome posts. you are hilarious girl! especially with the smelling of the hands :P
    congrats on your acceptance!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower...reading through your posts. My alarm clock totally didn't work yesterday morning, and I loved the viable excuse to sleep in. Although, the day before, it HAD worked, and I turned it off. *ahem*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great banana! Really delicious to eat!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.