1.01.2012

rewind 2011

inspired by carlotta & megan

The best way I can describe this year is that is was a year of growth and "firsts." One of my favorite things about New Year's is that I can look back and see how much I have changed, and how faithful God has been to me through all of my failures and triumphs.

The year started with tears as we sent a dear brother back to college. In January, I got my ears pierced for the first time ever. After studying and worrying for months, I took the SAT in May. In June I found out all of those hours spent submitting essays to contests payed off, and Oakseed Ministries gave me a phone call. My travel bug was satiated in July after traveling to Malaysia, and I also ended up deleting my facebook account. Oh, and now the best part. In August I fell in love with blogging. So much took place in September: I began to expiriment with photography, my parents bought me my dear Perry, and I also started my etsy store. We painted our room in October and went to an inspiring conference in November. December made me cut my hair and brought home a brother.

Photobucket
Photobucket
paint a tote
Photobucket
the romanian scarf
That's not all, though. God has poured out so much peace in my life the past few months. Situations I thought I would never be able to handle are now almost enjoyable, answered prayers are in abundance, Christ-like influences have strengthened my faith.

My prayer for this year is that Jesus would become my everything. That I would greatly decrease, and He would exponentially increase.

Happy New Year, lovelies!

17 comments:

  1. your blog looks amazing!
    happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how lovely! happy new year :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog and photography are always so beautiful, girlie! I love the haircut too :)
    xoxo
    simi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Happy 2012, dear Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy 2012!!! your pictures leave me breathless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy new year Kimberley! and i just wanted to thankyou for your awesome posts this year, and the creative and interesting things i've learned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your re-cap on the year. May this year be better then last!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful, adventure filled year! Growing up with you.....I have seen first-hand how much you have matured....and how beautiful you have grown!

    Happy New Year.....Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's my prayer and desire for this new year, too!

    i love your hair cut - it looks really nice. :)

    so excited to see where God leads you in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely design... lovely post... lovely lovely lovely.

    My prayer is the same as yours ;-)

    Love,
    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for your comment! You have such a lovely blog yourself :) Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yay! You are a wonderful little being (even though you're taller) and deserve all the wonderful-ness possible in the virgin white new year.

    Thank you for the experiences. All of them throughout the year. They were delightful and amusing (haha, I still remember you shouting to those guys, at buster browns, who you thought were my brothers).

    You are a very, very dear friend to me and if you ever left (a.k.a. college) I would be heartbroken. ;)

    Why all this mushiness and all around soppyness, call it new year joys.

    Love you mucho,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a year, and yes yes what the Lord can do in hard times, it's in those that real life happens, shaping of the heart...Happy New Year...cheers to more "suffering"
    xoxo
    James 1:2-5

    ReplyDelete
  14. these snapshots of your year are lovely. thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.