1.08.2012

Remind Me of Grace

Photobucket

I remember the day it hit me like a wave a few weeks ago. It was a reflective moment as I sat at my school table. No video teacher was blaring, no people surrounding me. It was just Him and I. A moment of silence. I hadn't had one of those in a long while.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I was thinking about my spiritual life. You see, I've had them more times then I would like to admit -- the weeks when my Bible is untouched for days and forgotten midst a whirlwind of activities. It is later that the guilt begins to set in. It's almost as if chord between me and Him had been severed, and that I was no so close to Him as I once was. My inadequacies become greatly magnified by failures.

It was in that meditative moment that He reminded me of a word I hadn't thought about in a long while. Grace. Once the meaning of that powerful word finally hit me, I realized that my previous thoughts about myself were very wrong. Not because my failures were justifiable, but because it shows I had been basing my spiritual closeness with God on my own works, completely disregarding His infinite grace towards me.

No good works I have ever done or ever could do can bring me into spiritual communion with God. It’s only through the grace God offered to all people through Jesus Christ which washed away my sins and allows me to be righteous before the Lord. A grace so overwhelming, so unmerited that I can’t help but be filled with joy just thinking about it.

Photobucket
Photobucket

The best part is that every single, without-fail time I am reminded of His grace, a new-found peace and swell of understanding overtakes me. I am no longer driven by a desire to do works, but a desire to love Him and show my thankfulness. I’m motivated to show others His love because of the way He first loved me.


"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit." Romans 8:1

I am so thankful for the Holy Spirit, who is continually reminding, filling, and purifying my selfish mind. All I can desire is to walk according to the Spirit.

This year is going to have a lot of trials, heartaches, challenges; but I finally know what my word for the year is: Growth. Simply growing more as a person, realizing who I am in Christ, and understanding what I am here to do. Stepping out of the bounds of comfort, and being harshly confronted with my wearisome flesh. Oh, and then Jesus overcoming everything for me. That's definitely the best part!

12 comments:

  1. beautiful, and oh so true. grace is a gift we could never deserve. also, cutest little nest ever. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is beautiful. yes, God's grace is forever amazing. your pictures are stunning!

    xoxo,
    Grace
    come stop for tea @ gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was beautiful kimberly! and your photos are oh so beautiful! thanks for this great reminder!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely agree, without his perfect grace and patience I dont know where I would be. Beautiful pictures!!

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so beautiful in so many ways. the words, the photos, and how they both resonate inside you like a roaring storm. amazing. i love this :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. i need to go read my Bible right now; i've been putting it off for hours but you've encouraged me. thanks, kimberly. because i need it. sometimes we're just so lazy, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for that beautiful reminder, Kimberly. So often, when I sit down to spend time with Jesus, it plays out in my head that if X amount of time is spent with Him, I will somehow have earned the right to call myself his child. But then I remember, it was not my works that brought me into His family and it won't be my works that keep me there. Thank you for listening to God's whisper to post this. ♥ Such encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this so much! Grace...reminds me of the song "your grace is sufficient for me." we cannot work for our salvation, rather God gives it to us because He loves us. No greater love. thanks for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Emii so glad to hear that this post encouraged you! Oh trust me, I know about being lazy. ;)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful Kimberly, and very inspiring. I do so love knowing his love and grace is enough, and being filled with an overwhelming sense of peace. Absolutely uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post...I'm also coming to the beautiful, breathtaking fact that His love for me does not change. That He likes me!
    I love romans 5:1 "therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

    Thanks for reminding us with your beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.