12.07.2011

Evening Walks

Christmas lights
Smile
Merry and Bright


Silnet Night

After dinner, once the last pots are washed and the table is wiped clean, my brother and I put on our slippers -- I grab Perry -- and we go on an evening walk. It's so much a part of daily routine that if we miss it, I don't feel quite complete at the end of the day.

The crisp, cold December wind blows in the evenings -- cold enough to make me scurry back to the house after stepping outdoors and snatch up a jacket before leaving. I am so glad that Christmas lights are now being strung on surrounding patios and doorsteps. In the occasional house, through dimy lit windows, the form of a Christmas tree can oftentimes be spotted, adorned with festive decorations. It makes our walks in the evenings even more special; the daytime does not permit such glittery Christmas-light bliss amidst the sun's blinding rays.

I snap away at unsuspecting houses. Their lights smile back at me.

13 comments:

  1. "Their lights smile back at me."

    Love that. Seeing all the Christmas lights everywhere makes me happy inside. That's so sweet that you and your brother take walks together. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love christmas lights at night! They light up towns so beautifully! One of my favorite things about the holiday season. :)

    -Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written darling. Bokeh is lovely. I'm in the process of summoning up enough courage to walk down my road and do the same. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last line sounds like something out of a love story. That's so beautiful. seriously. loved this. and bokeh is quite the enchantingness. great post :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that last sentance. You are a lovely writer. :)

    Bokeh is the best, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so lovely! i'm just learning how to capture bokeh; it's wonderful.(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. like them a lot, first one and second to last r my favs. Hey it was 66* the other morning, and that's not counting the wind chill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your just like me! an evening walk is just the ticket to calm and end the day.....someday I hope to take my kids on evening walks....that's a big someday :)

    I love how you captured the lights! ......their so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures are so gorgeous, darling. And evening walks are always delightful (of course you have a bit more scope for the imagination on your walk).

    Haha, and chilly... Over there. Please. I'm kidding if you're cold that's completely acceptable. ;)

    How rude, it's never polite to take pictures without the house's permission. Remind me to never going on walks with camera's with you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures! I love bokeh. ;)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. in love with these bokeh shots! <3

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.