12.30.2011

The Blue Dress

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

It had been a few weeks since my last thrifting adventure, and when the little sign with the words "Goodwill" plastered across it appeared up the road, my heart gave a bit of a leap. Of course, I had to concentrate on more important things at the moment, like driving. I maneuvered through the claustrophobic parking lot, managing to miraculously squeeze into a tight spot. Believe me, it was quite the feat.

Once we entered, I readily scoured the aisles, searching for a bulky, knit grey sweater. Sadly, none of the grey sweaters I found perfectly matched my criterion. However, while browsing through the dress rack, this blue dress flashed before my eyes for a moment. I pulled it out, noticed the tag was still attached, showed it to my mom, bought it, wore it at least once a week, and finally blogged about it.

Thoughts, my friends?

Oh, and I am contemplating starting a FAQ page for the blog; if you've been aching to ask me any particular questions, this is your time (i.e. what camera I use, my favorite drink, etc.).

Cheers.

23 comments:

  1. pretty girl + pretty dress = favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, what a darling dress. Love it! :)

    xoxo,
    Noelani

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is too cute. i adore the dress, and you are so pretty. seriously. :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely dress--especially the color!

    it does seem strange that you are wearing such a dress while I sit here all bundled up by the fire because of the temperature that is in the 20's. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures! But I agree with Emily, my toes are freezing right now!


    Anyways, my question is what do you like to do in your spare time besides blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOLD! it looks gorgeous on you dear, great find

    and my questions would be "what do you like most about being mixed?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Emily Grace & Rosi, I was actually just thinking about that! I'm just so used to the balmy weather year-round I forget that many others are currently freezing their toes off. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cute cute dress. :) I absolutely adore Goodwill! It's where about 70% of my clothes come from.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice dress! Me and my big sister LOVE to thrift! I have never been to a good will but we have a few thrift stores in our area. I have quite a few of my favorite clothes come from a thrift store and we sometimes find good books too (and what is better than a good book?!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute!!! I love to go thrifting. :)

    blessings,
    Grace
    come stop for tea @ gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice dress! You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! the blue complements your skin beautifully.
    xoxo
    simi

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dress is adorable! Love it. :)

    Love,
    ~Bree

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable dress. You look so cute in it, too!
    I hope you find a grey knit sweater one day. :)

    Oh, I'll ask a question!
    What is one of your favorite books?

    love,
    maryrachel

    ps: the new blog design = ♡!

    ReplyDelete
  15. amen to the tight parking lot! Yikes!!! I would rather park outside and walk....

    but regardless, that dress is adorable....we should go together one of these days....

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Sarah, yes, we really should! A thrifting day would be SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, such a gorgeous dress kimberly!
    it really suits you and it's totally cute and fashionable : D
    you'll have fun wearing in the new year of 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just stunning Kimberly, for some odd reason I was not following you? So, well I am truly following you now :)

    Janelle

    Love the dress, its so clean cut and simple

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute! I love that color on you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're so cute! Love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh! And I totally forgot to ask: what camera and lens do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Since I obviously feel the need to bug and annoy you, here's one more question: who takes your outfit pictures?
    I'm pretty sure I'm done.
    Pretty sure.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.