12.19.2011

Be Determined

Photobucket

Many things weigh down my mind. They pull down my thoughts from the clouds, dampening creative desires. The sobering feeling which has been seeping through my mind does not bring with it a mood I particularly relish; and, as much as I wish they could, the lighthearted feelings of Christmas spirit do not always suffice to awaken inspiration.

A decision to be made aches through my chest. I long that I wasn't the person who needed to have every detail worked out before a plan feels safe. Through all of my stressing and calculating and theorizing, there is one verse that continues to echo through my mind.

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Photobucket

This week I hope to meditate on those words, let them sink in, and just trust. This week I hope to escape from doleful brooding. I must re-awaken inspiration. I am beginning to realize that inspiration is generally a very fickle flame which ignites when it pleases, but I must learn to mould it. It takes a lot of hard work and discipline and determination.

I desire to be determined and:  research journalists // create jewelry // prettily wrap gifts // be thankful // take a zillion pictures // write a story // bake yummy food // love Jesus more // relish life.

PostScript: The winner of the giveaway is Emma Margaret! Please email me to claim your prize within 48 hours.

9 comments:

  1. going deeper can be so hard, but it is so beautiful, too. cling to Him and cling to your heart, sweet one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful Kimberly. I can feel where you're coming from. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow thanks SO much! What is your email address so I can email you? I am not so sure how to email you with the "email me" link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Kimberly. Just what my heart needed to read. I too, am in that place where I need to plan, plan, plan. To know how things will turn out. Every step planned, every problem solved. It doesn't leave much room for faith in Jesus. I pray that both of us can learn to trust in Jesus, and to truly hang on to that verse you posted.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Emma Margaret, my email address is talk.to.kimberly@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, indeed, I can relate. :) thank you for sharing that encouraging verse.
    -Grace
    the keeper of the garden @ gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this was lovely and means so much to me! I need to let go and just let God take over as well. I brood too much. :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this post for many many reasons. I am drawn to connection, and authenticity. This post was so real and vulnerable, so I adore that. God made us to feel these ways, to reflect and sometimes just wait...I love that you are seeking here and that you heard a word from our gracious Lord...I love resting in Him...
    thanks for sharing your heart...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.