11.13.2011

Saturday Evening

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
IMG_9579
IMG_9592
IMG_9616

It's one of those nights you look forward to all week. Opportunities for a fancy night out are few and far between, so whenever they come around, they are greatly anticipated. The chance to wear an evening dress, balance in high heels, and take countless pictures was seized and relished. I am so grateful to have been able to share my Saturday evening in the company of encouraging friends and a wonderful brother.

However, the wonderful thing is, that wasn't even the best part. Sure the dessert was magnificent, the ballroom was grand -- but the featured speaker was sublime. As a current student taking a speech class, I believe hers was one of the best speech's I have ever heard in my short existence. Her opening was captivating, her words flowing not from a memorized speech or words from a page -- but from her heart.

The message was delivered through stories, through laughs, through warm lumps filling throats, and hot tears stinging eyes. The message of a woman who had, by the everlasting grace of God, survived a saline abortion attempt and lived to speak out. A woman believing and provoking minds to consider that men should learn to be men of God, that women should learn that they are worthy of love, and that people will strong wills ought not to have their will broken -- but guided. My mind was constantly stirred, motivated, provoked to think. Enlightened, warmed, and constantly overflowing with admiration. So, so, so, thankful that God had allowed me to be blessed through her testimony, though her actions, through her lessons learned.

She calls herself feisty. She says God likes feisty women. I am sure He does, and I know that I certainly do. I am so grateful for women of God who are willing to do His will and speak the truth.

P.S. If you are interested in learning more about her, her name is Gianna Jessen. This is her website.  

13 comments:

  1. NO WAY! you saw her speak? I love that woman so much! She is amazing!
    Wow. Her life was purely God's grace.

    Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible opportunity! So glad you had such a great time! What an amazing story!

    And OH MY GOODNESS, Kimberly! You are SO gorgeous. And your dress is adorable!! :)

    ♥ Kailyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. great shots kim!
    It truly was a memorable night...and I think the encouragment from Gi will stay in my heart for a while.......thanks for being a great sister in the Lord......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh...I just love Gianna! What a amazing opportunity! Gorgeous pictures as well, by the way. You are too beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you got to see Gi speak?

    wow...i am so jealous. what a wonderful night you must have had!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty dress! I have the same one in pink and black! :)
    xoxo, hayley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I wish I could have been there.
    And I'm back! time for hair snipping, right?
    I missed you and you look beautiful, I also love the dress.

    Wow, I'm slightly jealous of the breathtaking time it seems you have had.
    Miss you,
    Becki

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Rebekah, I hope you had a wonderful time, too, this past week! Oh, and yes, I am so excited. We really need to get our plans together for our epic haircuts.

    Missed you, too! Must. Catch. Up. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Kim and Rebecca.....if ya'll are going together to do the hair 'snip, snip'....pleeeeease let me come along!!!

    i take pictures...no charge fee....:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are SO gorgeous! =) I love that dress, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Sarah, I know I already told you this, but I'll say it again: yes, yes, yes you certainly should and can come if we get together for our haircuts! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kimberly!

    You won the earring giveway on my blog!:)

    http://blessingseveryminuteofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.