11.06.2011

home is where my heart is.



Photobucket


Photobucket

It's the pile of laundry that looks like the leaning tower of pizza and the empty plates stained with triple berry pie filling by the sink. It's the drizzle of threads littering the floor from a recent sewing project and the cool breeze that flees through the house, bringing coats of dust with it -- but we don't care because it's just a little too crisp and cool to be shut out. It's home.

It's this feeling that sometimes gets me -- when I see my mom laughing hard and all I can do is look her way and feel indescribably happy that she is so happy. It bubbles and churns and aches. It's when I look at my brothers and just thank God that he gave me people who are by my side through the crazy, hard, exciting times in life. It's when I see my dad working hard for us and praying for us.

It's when life suddenly flashes before my eyes, and I feel something that isn't happy or angry. It's just wonder. Dear life, I like you.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely words, Kimberley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was pure gorgeousness. one of my favorite posts ever. it made me very happy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. ohh yes.

    through all the tough spots, God keeps making life beautiful. I like it too. and I like you, and this post, and your blog in general.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Olivia, aw, your comment made me very happy!

    @Jennoelle, I like you and your blog in general, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though I am draw to the second photo....because the rose is so perfect...I love the fourth one almost better.....because life is like that...Open, not perfect and yet .....beautiful.

    great post...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Kimberly.
    Wow. It was so pretty...and real.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are so gorgeous!! And I love the blog post. I love moments of wonder. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post Kimberly! I like life too. :3

    xoxo, hayley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those roses are stunning.

    Your prose is inspiring, as always.

    love,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are very artistic and take good pictures! :))

    http://mybaggagecounter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your comment! I feel kind of like a cat in the first picture(: have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.