7.01.2011

My Trip Through Pictures *edited*

Hey all you lovely people, I'm back! We arrived home safely after what I like to refer to as one of the craziest, most-fun, ridiculously-busy times of my life. It had it super-highs and it's pummelling lows (because of flights; not even going to broach that topic) but in the end it was amazing.

Since pictures speak a thousand words, I'm going to let them do the talking. Besides, I just got home from Malaysia yesterday and after nearly 24 hours of travelling. I'm tired.

Edit: I added a few descriptions to the pictures to make them more meaningful. Hope you like them!




For the first time ever, I rode on a train! It was a nice experience, and I officially love train tracks. They are just so photogenic, don't you think?


We headed into the city with a few cousins to do shopping. The skyline is extremely different to what I am used to here in Hawaii, and the overall culture is a stark contrast to my laid-back life here. Mopeds, taxis, and buses rushing by in a congested road, clinging to ones bag for dear life in fear of it being stolen, and dodging holes and puddles on the ground all the way along a narrow sidewalk.The adventure was unforgettable, and I will never forget the wonderful experience of that day.





This is a "pasa malam" or night market. Since it was daytime, many of the vendors were only beginning to set up. Surprisingly, a person can find nearly anything there - electronics, clothing, food, shoes, and tons more all cheaply priced.


Oh, happiness! An actual shopping mall! Where I live, there is no such thing as a six story mall, so being able to go shopping in stores like this nearly every day was obviously awesome!





Delicious dim sum! It was one of the reasons we were all excited to visit Malaysia.

5 comments:

  1. The food looks so good! You're pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the food was amazing there! Aw, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks like you had an awesome time! I love the pictures!!!:) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly did! Thanks, Mary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It looks like you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.