7.27.2011

I Love Summer


My day started with a refreshing bowl of corn flakes, which were generously sprinkled with sugar. I just can't help over-doing the sugar whenever I eat unsweetened cereal. Mm, good.

Oh, and guess what I am currently madly in love with? That drop-down menu bar. Just look to the top right side of my blog at those lovely blue-greenish rectangles which I worked hours on. Aren't they breathtaking?

Fresh love is so sweet.

I owe much of the success of it to my older brother, who sat with me and painstakingly copied and pasted the needed information into the code until everything worked perfectly. He is also much more experienced with code than I am. Smarty pants.

After that, I continued my day by re-decorating my dresser, walls, etc. It's been so much fun re-organizing things, and I can't wait to show you the final results in an upcoming blog post! Unusually, many of the ideas were inspired by other bloggers (wink, wink). Here's a glimpse at some of the newest features in my bedroom.

Vintage photos!



 











My parents both have an album or two full of ancient (ahem) pictures from their youth. I never learned to love those photos them until now, though! They are all so unique and beautiful in their own way. In many they are standing next to the homes they grew up in, or leaning against antique cars, or surrounded by family. In all they are wearing hilariously old-fashioned clothes.  Each photo is like a small door into their past before I was here on earth.

Another thing which has been making me happy is rather odd. You see, when I began my cleaning adventure through my room, I happened upon an old clothes tag (I am currently collecting them) and found a piece of yarn attached to it. Therefore, on a whim, I tied the string around my ankle, where it has remained for the past two days. Somehow, that little piece of purplish thread has grown on me, and I now find myself writing about it on my blog.

Funny.

Did I mention that I am also passionately in love with summer? Without you, my-dear-time-of-year, I would never be able to waste my days on such loverly things!

So, tell me, what things have been making you happy lately?

6 comments:

  1. I love this. Your photography is absolutely darling and your entire blog is very cute and homey. Love it! From Audrey @ throughthewatersoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Audrey. Aw, thanks so much! It's so sweet to hear someone say that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the follow and sweet comment, Kimberly!

    and I'm also in love with your drop down menu!! unfortunately, I'm not savvy enough to figure it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The drop down looks great! You did a good job; and I know they're a pain in the neck.
    I also love your style. Outfit=G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S.
    Love your blog!
    <3Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, I adore those vintage snapshots, and the idea of decorating with them! What a fantastic idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those vintage photos!!

    P.S. Thanks for following me and for your sweet comment, you made my day!!

    {Abi}
    thesidewalksend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.