5.29.2011

I am dead; I am only alive in Him

{via}
I want to wake up every morning and decide the day is going to be wonderful and joyous. I want to try harder to have a good attitude; I want to decide to persevere and love the unlovable. I want to spend more time with Jesus Christ. I want to be less selfish. I want to God to overflow in my life and me to be buried underneath. I want flesh to die and Spirit to conquer.

Once I heard a story of a man who was under the instruction of a godly pastor. For one of his lessons, the student was told to go to the grave of a highly esteemed man and yell out praises and then report to his teacher what the dead man had replied back. Of course, the report was that the dead man had said nothing in return. Then the teacher told his student to go to the grave again the next day and yell insults to the dead man's grave and report how the dead man had responded. Of course, the dead man had said nothing. Therefore the teacher finished the lesson by stating, "And that is what it means to be dead."

Neither the praises nor insults of man should affect us.

I want to be dead to self, but alive in Christ.

"For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God." Colossians 3:3

"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins," Ephesians 2:1

"For me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21

11 comments:

  1. Kimberly, I loved this post. :)
    Very encouraging, inspiring, and just simply joyful in knowing and fully surrendering to Jesus.

    Love it! Keep fighting for that joy in Jesus. :)

    P.S. Love the new blog look as well! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post! Stories like that really make you think. Your blog looks great by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I love how quickly you both read and commented after I posted it! Thankies so mucho; it is so, so encouraging! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm...I love this post so much! This is just such an uplifting message to wake up to, as the first thing I read this morning! Our God is so great, and so amazingly strong in love! <3

    Your button's on my page now, by the way! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Rachel, your comments are always so kind! Yes, God certainly is amazing!
    Oh, yay! Thank you so much for placing my button on your blog! *Jumps up and down gleefully*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I put your blog button on my blog! :)

    ~Ali

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, thanks so much for following my blog! It's amazing to me how many people actually want to hear what I say. =D Thanks so much!

    Abby
    FollowGod

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, Lolei, thanks so much!

    Thank you, Ali!!! :D

    Abby, no problem! Your blog is awesome, so I'm not surprised. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is so true. Why do people care so much about what others think. It doesn't, or shouldn't matter if you live in Christ. :)

    -- Pearl

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.