4.15.2011

In the Air


Sorry for not blogging in. so. long. The only way I can partially describe things is that life has been sort of up in the air lately.

One thing I have been dwelling on, though, is this question:

How do I expect to find satisfaction through anything in life, if I don't have complete and utter fulfillment and satisfaction in God?

You see, I'm one of those people who tries to find joy from almost any other area in life possible but through God. And the truth is, I didn't even realize it until that question was whispered in my ear.

I mean, sure, I love God, I read my Bible, I try to seek Him; but in the end I'm still not truly crying out for joy and satisfaction and contentment. Unconsciously, I was still seeking those things in other places--from good grades, accomplishments, people, etc. From almost everything but the true source of joy, happiness, and satisfaction. From my Jesus, who wanted to fill me up and give me more joy than I could imagine.

He was showing me that I needed to find joy in Him until I could expect to find happiness through anything else. The only way I'm going to find happiness in anything is if I'm doing it for Him.

So that's what I've been dwelling on. :) Maybe I'll start blogging more later on, or maybe not. We'll just have to wait and see.

"As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments , you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full."
John 15: 9-11

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Kimberly for posting this! You definitely hit the nail on the head, in terms of how I am feeling at the moment. Your blog post has encouraged me :) (So, thank you God for moving Kimberly to post this).

    ReplyDelete
  2. "How do I expect to find satisfaction through anything in life, if I don't have complete and utter fulfillment and satisfaction in God?" Wow, this really made me stop and think....Thank you so much!
    Have a wonderfully blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura: You don't know how happy your comment made me! So happy to hear that!

    Annie: I love your posts, too!

    Stacie: Glad that my thoughts make other's think. ;) And you're welcome!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.