2.01.2011

A Don Moen Song

Recently, I've been humming this tune during the day, eating up the words whenever I remember it. My mom used to play Don Moen songs when we would clean our house on Saturdays, so his songs will always hold a sentimental place in my heart. However, I really have fallen in love with these words. They speak the yearning of my heart. I just want to be with Him.

"I just want to be where You are,
Dwelling daily in Your presence
I don't want to worship from afar,
Draw me near to where You are

I just want to be where You are,
In Your dwelling place forever
Take me to the place where You are,
I just want to be with You

I want to be where You are,
Dwelling in Your presence
Feasting at Your table,
Surrounded by Your glory
In Your presence,
That's where I always want to be
I just want to be,
I just want to be with You

I just want to be where You are,
To enter boldly in Your presence
I don't want to worship from afar,
Draw me near to where You are."

4 comments:

  1. Most of Don Moen's songs are just as beautiful! I love his worships CDs... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I have some of his older albums in cassette tapes and brought them over.. and I play them here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful. I remember mom buying his CDs last time we went to Malaysia :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.