11.29.2010

A New Skirt



After Thanksgiving, it was time to recuperate from the past day of laughter, fun, and over-eating. However, I decided I might as well try to do something productive in the process of recovery. Therefore, I pulled out a piece of satin cloth I had tucked away a few months ago, under the belief I would one day be able to turn the rectangle into a cute skirt.
It started with an idea and a 80% chance of failure, seeing that I had no plan, no pattern, and no experience. After a few attempts at beginning the skirt's gathers, my mom and I realized it wasn't going to work. Therefore, I unpicked, and unpicked, and unpicked, and tried over and over again, until I got so frustrated with the whole thing I thought of giving it up. Then, I received a call from my wonderful friend in Maine, who showered me with God's love through prayer and the joy she radiated.
After our talk, I felt ready to tackle my project and finish well. After apologizing to my mom for my stinky attitude, I finished it quickly, and am now left with a success!

Against all the odds...I'm amazed how much an optimistic attitude and God's love spread from one person to another can impact our lives.

It just reminds me to be that kind of person to someone in their time of need.

Since didn't get to write here on Thanksgiving, I will now :) I just want to say "Thank you" to all the wonderful people I have in my life who share God's love with me and show me how precious friendship is in our lives.

My Thanksgiving was beautiful, shared with people I love. I have so many things to be thankful for it is ridiculous. God is just too good.

4 comments:

  1. Kimberly,
    Aww... glad I could help! The skirt came out so cute, Kim... now I just need a picture with you IN it! I love the birdies on the fabric :) I'm so happy you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too.
    Hearts,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmie, you're so super! Beautiful skirt, Laura is right, you - skirt - uhhhh. That's it, how perfect.
    Keep up the (hard) work; it's actually more discipline than anything else.
    Love,
    Nathan C.H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, I'll someday get around to posting a picture of me wearing the skirt... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's SO creative... I enjoy crafts as well. =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.