11.18.2010

Clone of a Cinnabon


My day started with school. For some reason, at about one 'o clock, I realized that I would be done with school before my usual "do-homework-until-nine-o-clock-at-night" day. Therefore, the day called for something a little extra-special. There had been a huge list of recipes saved on my favorites toolbar which were begging to be baked and eaten. I decided the "Clone of a Cinnabon" had the most savory picture and began my baking adventure at around three 'o clock. After an hour of the dough being kneaded in the bread machine I plopped it out and rolled it into a large rectangle which I decorated with butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar. I then rolled it up into a huge burrito, cut it up, and plumped the mini-rolls into the pan. After baking, they looked like naked cinnamon rolls begging to be smothered in frosting. We answered their call. After dinner my family covered a cinnamon with frosting, and then we each took a big bit out of the first piece and cried "YUMMY!"

Don't you love it when a recipe turns out well? I do. I've made so many failure or mediocre recipes, that baking is not one of my favorite things to do. However, this one's definitely a keeper. Though not exactly a "Clone of a Cinnabon" the cinnamon rolls are definitely delicious.

They aren't too gewy or chewy, yet are not dry. Once you spread  little frosting over them, you're goner.




2 comments:

  1. Kim,

    Those look SO incredibly yummy! Did you save one for me? After seeing that post I think I am going to have to do some baking now today... Mmm!

    <3 Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks, Laura! I wish I could send you some ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.