10.26.2009

Jesus

{via}

 Most of us have a favorite book of the Bible. Although I still can't say I really prefer James to any other book in the Bible, it would definitely be one of my favorites, if not my favorite.
It's something about that book that always speaks to me; it's words seem to always contain meaning and a particular application to my life.

In life we're always going through something challenging. Always having to conquer something, learn from something, deal with something, accept something, or have trust in Someone.
As I was reading through James chapter 1 it's verses spoke to me as they always do.

In verses 2 and 3 it says, "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience,"

Every single hard time we go through makes us a bit stronger. That is, if we handle it the right way. If we learn to give it to God and have faith and trust in Him, relying on His strength and not our own, then trials would be a joy, I suppose...
I find that each hard time I go through makes me more reliant on God and teaches me to have faith.
Wondering about my future has been a large mystery at the moment. As I watch my older brother prepare for college, it makes me wonder what I will do as time progresses.
Will I know what I want to do? Will God reveal to me His perfect plan?
Or will I somehow drift away, on my own fancy, and end up messing my future up...

But when those thoughts start running through my mind, I can still hear that faint, soft, gentle, loving voice saying, "Trust, faith, believe in Me,"

I never realized faith and trust were such hard things to have, but they are. Yet they are the things we must cling to.

If we don't have that, then what do we have?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments inspire me.