4.10.2009

Here we go

I wrote a poem a few days ago...inspiratioin came to me after English class (Literature is mixed in with it). Anyways, I don't really write poetry, so it was a new thing, and later, when I read it to my mom, she said, "You should post it on your blog,"
Well, I didn't really want to, but later on she asked me again, and then again, and then again, so I realized that she really wanted me to. So now I'm doing it.
As I said before, I don't write poetry often! haha.



 
{via}

"Battle Cries" (just made that up right now, so it's not a very good title!)


A line of broad soldiers stand
As the fear that awaits me.
Once shot down the first band
There lies, at least, another three.


And casualties are oft taken
In this constant, restless war.
At times my foundations seems shaken,
When my wounds bleed blood-red sore.



Yet once I caught a glimpse of
The spirit-angles floating overhead,
And the promised one, The Dove,
Whose wounds had also once bled.




Though my battle rages on,
And reinforcements are constant sent,
My feet now stand stabably upon
A Foundation which cannot be bent.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments inspire me.